Nishu

The Memorial

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The PenPal (Part - 1)

hmmm.. so today i got the time to write about PenPals which i wanted to write for a long time. Anyways, My current absence is attributed to a new website called Mouthshut. It is a website where you can read and write reviews about products. You can see my profile and my first review there.

Well coming to the topic. I had many pen pals in my life, and from different countries as well. Most prominent of them are Nigarish (girl) from Pakistan and Lan Wah (girl) from Vietnam. Of course, I met them via yahoo messenger only. Others were from China (Bellisiyun, girl), Nigeria (Olandebo, male), India (many infact, abhi, purvee, sneha, etc) and then there were friends from the Orkut community also. Well, it all starts with the usual Chat scenario of ASL and so on.. or on orkut with scrap book and then messages and then emails :D

Nigarish was very close to my heart. I met her on Orkut.. and probably she’s still there..with the same unique name of her.. in orkut. We are of same age and we just clicked together. We shared lots of information between us and became the Best penpals. She said that she was on Orkut just because of me..and I told the same thing to her, which was as pious and true as our friendship. As you may agree that Orkut is useless community, thou I do appreciate it for helping me in switching the job with the help of a penpal (Biswa) :D but then scraping is not the best method of communication. So we switched to emails. And believe me, we used to share almost, 3 mails per day from either side. We used to discuss our day today life and many other things. And used to say that our friendship across the border will last forever.

But as you know, forever is a very long time. It stood hardly for 2 year. I don’t know what happened. Its only wild guessing, right from her getting at marriageable age to the guilt of not showing me her picture (thou’ I never insisted on it) to many others. But I cant be certain of one thing. I mailed her to know about her well-being but she never responded back. I still miss her. And losing a very good pen pal, definitely broke my heart.

But, Now, I don’t mail her anymore and my views about Pakistan and Muslims are changed. And I don’t think, I can ever make any Pakistani my friend.. thou’ there was the time when I used to dream of a country “united India” with Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri-lanka and Bhutan.

Next is on Lan-wah with whom I’m still in contact and we regularly talk via yahoo msg. Well, We will talk more on it in my next post..

Till then,

(^_^)

6 Comments:

  • At 7/29/2006 04:36:00 AM, Blogger gaurav said…

    that was one long post :)

     
  • At 7/29/2006 11:01:00 PM, Blogger fursat said…

    I used to have a penpal from Iran. Unfortunately, when I moved to Canada, I left her mails back home and since I have not been back home for last 5 years, they are just lying there.

     
  • At 7/31/2006 02:58:00 AM, Blogger p¡£®®£ said…

    I had a pen pal from Bubhnashwer..saw in de newspaper.....Did tht juz for de fun of it....Frankly speaking...i had no other work....After all u dont loose nethin rather than getting a sweet friend..,rite??

     
  • At 7/31/2006 05:30:00 AM, Blogger Sweety Maruth said…

    hey i don hve penpal till nw....even i wanna 2 make some ,atleast one in my life...lemme c ...will try it very very soon....:P

     
  • At 8/01/2006 12:16:00 PM, Blogger D said…

    Yeah, even I find Orkut boring, but never tried making friends on it, just for contact with old friends, who I never scrap now. "my views about Pakistan and Muslims are changed. And I don’t think, I can ever make any Pakistani my friend.."....leaves me a bit surprised, I wish coz of some people, a whole community does not need to prove its allegiance to the nation.

     
  • At 8/18/2006 06:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, virtual friendships hardly last.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home