Nishu

The Memorial

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Conferencia de los perros

Yes, It means conference of the dogs. My urge to write on it is carved by my street dogs. Well, for your knowledge, currently bangalore is famous for three things:-
1. Software professionals
2. Girls and
3. Dogs.

Recently I've recieved a mail which states that on an average of 12 people are bitten by stray dogs per MINUTE somewhere in Bangalore!! Now thats seriously an interesting statement.

In the midnight, around 12-12.30 am, on our street hundreds, no no, thousands of dogs get assemble and start howling like tomorrow will never come...! Its only the God's grace that he made us so much adaptable to nature. Now my ears are accustomed to listen these cacophonies regularly. But everyone is not so lucky. Last night, one of my fren called me up. Well, actually she intercepted in the mandatory dog conference. As much to Nokia's fame, that the powerful microphone captured the outside conference and subdued my voice as NOISE, much to our dismay!!

Now Can u imagine this, I've to put blanket on myself, to cover my whole face inside it so that my voice can be reconized as the True signal, not as the noise!! haaaaaa... and, now those dog catchers, whenever come(thou i've not seen them ever but my fren said that sometimes they come), they capture a weak dog, or should i say a puppy, who cant even bark properly.

On the top of it, in the morning, when u go office, just watch out where u step on else ur whole day is going to ruin!!

Wondering, when this dog-o-mania will cease.

9 Comments:

  • At 1/20/2006 01:33:00 AM, Blogger The Budweiser said…

    who let the dogs out? waoh.. whoah.. whaoh!!!

    when my friend got bitten by a stray dog in madivala, it was the most humorous thing to happen for quite sometime, though..

     
  • At 1/20/2006 01:40:00 AM, Blogger gaurav said…

    Ever since a stray dog bit me, I have contemplating the idea of sending a proposal to the CM to rename Bangalore as "Kuttranchal" (like Uttaranchal). By the way how about putting some dog noise noise 'Filters' on your phone, probably they might make ur conversatin easier :D (havent heard of any such stuff though!!!)

     
  • At 1/20/2006 03:53:00 AM, Blogger Nishu said…

    @bat: ya, u judged it right. The blore-famous lines are:-- "Throw a stone in Kormangala (it includes madivala and BTM also), it will either hit a dog or an infosian" (infosys fame, they are stacked up like ants there!!)

    @gaurav: Hey, its a fact buddy!! Telephones use inductors by using coiled wires to headset, hence suppresses the high freq noise, but this case doesnt hold for mobiles so mobiles usually catch the outside noise pretty efficently!! some SNR concept, i dont know thou'. and of course, i'm with u in renaming it to kuttranchal!

    @Me... Welcome sir, have been waiting for u to come. See, I'm still not a magician like u with words..learning process! haha, i know ladkiyo ki koi quality nahi hai yahan par, sirf quantity hai! aur jinki quality hai(north indians mostly, well, alvs) woh pehle se hi engaged hai.. (@_@) but still, yahan girls main kuch khas hai zarooor (^_*)

     
  • At 1/20/2006 05:17:00 PM, Blogger gaurav said…

    Hi yaar... I suggested installing dog filters so that SNR increases.. By the way seems like a nice idea though.. I would like to try it in our college labs one day!!! And thanks for reminding me about falling hair, but I have kind of accepted it as fate... Bangalore mein rehena ki kuch to keemat chukani padegi :D

     
  • At 1/21/2006 02:15:00 AM, Blogger Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said…

    nishu :

    i have had faced the devils every night for almost an year. Trust me, every evening , while having a cup of coffee at the plaintifff leaf(infosys), the thought about the night's adventure with the dogs will run through my head, atleast once.

    At so many number of occasions , I have carried stones in my hand. sometimes, I have seen the real devil in them , and mind you , that is a very very devilish look, to see.

    All the best for your adventures.

    -ATG

     
  • At 1/22/2006 08:40:00 AM, Blogger D said…

    Nishu sir'....now let me tell you that your each post is refined than the previous one...more detailed and with lot of details....so thats really good. Congrats....anyways belated H'Bdy...hope you had a good time....and abt Bakr-Id, its like you have to "Ziba"=bali smthing..now Prophet placed his son...man not so brave take recourse on goats, cows, sheeps, tumba=camel, never in Islam it is mandatory to do so, if you have nt the purchasing power... but what to say when ppl do Haj on govt subsidsies.....the more we are educated, more we search for our existence and that is where it all jumbles up.....like NRI's who devlop taste for shastri sangeet....and abt regionalism as per our B'lore conversation....dude if you cant beat them, just join them!

     
  • At 1/28/2006 06:31:00 AM, Blogger Sudarshan said…

    Haha thats interesting lol..unless the administration does something this and several other issues, like the continuing influx of people from everywhere, Bangalore will soon cease to be the wonderful and peaceful place it was earlier!!I came here first time..your blog is great..good work!!Have fun and keep posting!!

     
  • At 1/30/2006 03:55:00 PM, Blogger Vamsee said…

    Hey Nishu, I can imagine how hard it must be...this post reminded me of my grand mother's place. I am a spoilt brat who cannot sleep even with slightest noise around, and whenever I am at my grand mother's place it is either these dogs or Hens or Narsing, our loud neighbor's radio that woke me up!

     
  • At 2/26/2006 08:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, went thru ur work...i'm sorry never read it b4...but yes, its interesting, the way u mix sarcasm and everyday life...good job...cheers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home